This database contains 5 kinds of documents related to clothing culture.
1) The Japanese articles from 1967 to the current issues.
2) The Japanese articles from 1880 to 1945.
3) The foreign language articles from 1930 to 1980.
4) The Japanese books from 1868 to the current publications. Publications in the National Diet Library not specializing in costume from 1868 to 1945, indexed information regarding the mention of costume has been included.
5) Only the indexed information in foreign language publications is in the Minpaku’s library.
It is possible to search for documents by the bibliographical information, places, period, keywords, etc.
The National Museum of Ethnology, doesn’t own the documents contained in 1), 2) and 4). Currently, It is linking to the full text in the National Diet Library, and the National Institute of Informatics. And also, it can search for the location of materials by CiNii Books of the National Institute of Informatics.
Originally, this database project was jointly initiated by Daimaru laboratory and Kubo laboratory in the National Museum of Ethnology, and Takahashi laboratory in the Osaka-Shoin Women's University. Currently, it is inherited to and maintained by the MCD Research Project Team organized in the National Museum of Ethology.
The current sum total of the data is about 176,000 items.
This database is partially funded by the Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research, which is part of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS).